Accessing Info with an expired membership

I am a paying member only thru the summer months as I live in Canada and do not need the membership during the cold months. I want to access the maps that I made as a paying member last year but it says I must be a paying member to see that information. I’m going to be a subscribed member again this year but I don’t want to get the membership until I’m ready to fly again. Probably July 1. Is there a way to access the info. I think I should have access to all the maps that I produced when I was a paying member. The maps were exported to my clients but I didn’t keep copies. Live and learn.

Hi @MaryAnn,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to access information or features that are only available for paid subscriptions. You will be able to access this data again once you start up your membership again.

Cheers,
Christina

I don’t mean to be a pain. I love Drone Deploy and I recommend you all the time. I just don’t understand why I can’t access things I feel I paid for previously. I will get another subscription this year and many years to come I expect. But I am surprised I can’t access things I paid for in years past. You are always improving, and maybe at some point this is something that can be discussed. Thank you Drone Deploy for all that you do.

Hi @MaryAnn,

First off, thank you for being a loyal customer! Our team puts a lot of thought and effort into our product, and we try our best to be fair to all our users. Allowing someone to access data that is only available for paying subscriptions while they are on a free account would make it unfair to all our users who are active members on a paid subscription.

Cheers,
Christina

Fairness is often a tricky concept, and often with multiple facets and perspectives. I agree that as the vendor, Drone Deploy sets the rules for what it provides. That said, from reading this forum, it seems to me that Drone Deploy is consistently open to customer feedback. Here is mine:

I may be in the minority, but even as a paying customer, I would not find it unfair for MaryAnn to have access to maps that she already paid Drone Deploy to produce. I had always thought of the subscription as mainly a fee to produce the maps (but this, apparently is incorrect – it is to host them as well). Just a thought, but this restriction could push many seasonal clients to opt for desktop, instead of web-based solutions, which might not be the preferred outcome for either client or DD.
Best regards,