8000 Hectares Project Help needed

If you want to use your orthophotos as a background to draw a map you can just produce individual orthophoto tiles in Photoscan and import them into a GIS where you can do the tracing. You can also use something like Illustrator but you’ll end up spending a good bit of time aligning your individual tiles. In any case, make sure that you have good overlap between individual tiles to avoid running into distortion issues around the edges.
Plan your project really well and organise all your photos and survey grids/tiles. 5000 is a lot of images, so you want to keep on top of what belongs where.
Keep flight speed low, between 5 and 7m/s as rolling shutter on the P3 camera will cause distortion if you fly too fast.

I have gotten permission to fly at 200 meters as specific times and i was wondering if you could make the 1 battery areas as 200 meter.

Will do. I apologize again for the lag, but it has been a crazy short week. I will get you something as soon as I can. Cheers!

Hey not to be rude or anything but I haven’t heard from you in a while and I was wondering how it is going.

Apologies for the delay. We have had a large number of projects start up at the same time and I haven’t been able to dedicate any time to this. The QGIS route became a little out of my league so I am working with a GIS friend of mine to figure out why that workflow isn’t working with the coordinate projections I chose. That and the scale of the project put me to a stopping point. I did create some flight plans in Google Earth to get you the idea. It will take a little longer, but planning each flight individually shouldn’t be bad. Using Google Earth at least allows you to coordinate them. Keep them at 40ha (100ac) or less and you should be able to do them with one battery. Save each flight plan as a KML in bring them into DroneDeploy. Message me your email and I will send you a link to download the packaged KML.

It would be nice if we could share/exchange KML files here… @dronedeploy :slight_smile: