3rd party Sentera camera not working during mapping mission

Hi all, I have been out in the field trying to collect some NDVI data in some corn and soybean test plots. However when I do the preflight check list I get a message stating that some features will not work using 3rd party camera. I hit ignore and the drone flys the area for the map. After the drone has landed I check the sd card from the double 4K sensor and no Ndvi pictures have been taken during the flight, only the rgb images from the mavic pro 2. I have the 3rd party camera tab set under preferences as well as the live map deselected. I am using the iPhone 13 pro max ios 15.5 . I ran a test flight back in April and was successful with taking the imagery. Now that I am putting it to work I get nothing. Very frustrating to say the least. Thanks in advance for any ideas as to what may be the cause.

1 Like

I got it figured out. I was using a 128gb sd card and the double 4K only supports up to 64gb and has to be formatted as a fat32 system.
This link explains it all. https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.sentera.com%2Fportal%2Fen%2Fkb%2Farticles%2Fformatting-sentera-mi&c=E,1,TMOPJA-KO2ko_Eyxquk_H5VTLXtd2YR2u2ko6MrPVS5touO-ZCUFyOuholftDKfp0luCConWo2olB6izz0vph2Mff5E4MMzeYqAV4zGQSFrh_ckxdQHx7_P1&typo=1

Hi, I’m trying to fly with a Sentera Double 4K sensor as well. However, I still cannot find a way to do the setup. Could you please share with me how you made it work? I see the Sentera Camera logo in the project but when I click the “Optimize settings” box it looks like it’s not available anymore.

Thanks in advance,
C.

1 Like

yeah, the recent updates may have changed some things in the flight dashboard since I last used in the previous season. previously I had downloaded the Senetra app to the flight plan, and it auto configured the front overlap to 75% and the side overlap to 82%. It is always going to say when doing the preflight checks that All features are not available for Third Party cameras, including FPV. Just press Continue anyway. The double 4K sensor is not directly linked to the aircraft. The Double 4k sensor is activated by the motion in the drone while flying as long as you are at 60 ft or above. It will not take any images below that altitude. The most important thing that you will need to have configured is the SD Card being no larger than 64gb and it must be formatted to a fat32 system which you should be able to from your windows laptop or PC by right clicking the SD card drive and selecting Format and then choosing FAT32. You will want to use a micro-SD card that has decent processing power both for taking the images and for transferring to your computer. Be sure to check that the SD card took the images correctly as soon as your flight is done. I always transfer the images to my laptop as soon as the aircraft has landed.

Also forgot to mention that when you first install your Sd card into your drone it will autoload some files that are necessary for capturing the images. If you are using the SD card that came with the drone than the formatting to fat32 and the files should already be loaded onto the micro sd card from the factory. I would load the sd card into your computer to just verify beforehand just to be sure. and as soon as you turn on your drone wait for the double 4k sensor led light to turn green before takeoff, If the light is still red upon take off than the double 4k sensor will not take any images. It may take up to 90-120 seconds before the light turns green.

Thanks so much for sharing this, I had that SD issue last year and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Then Sentera Support told me about what you’re mentioning. I wish I’ve seen your post to let you know .

So if I understood correctly, I should be allowed to plan the flight by:

1. Downloading the Sentera Camera settings app Sentera Camera Settings - App Market | DroneDeploy
  2. Using the mobile DroneDeploy app and allowing the access to 3rd party cameras.

Then I’ll plan the mission, ignore the warnings you mentioned and keep in mind the advice you provided about the lights. It should automatically take the pictures. I’m asking because someone else told me I should set up the “interval capture” of the sensor via the Sentera FieldAgent app in order to activate image capture from the sensor. Since I do not have anymore the FieldAgent license, I cannot do that.

Thanks again
C.

Right, it should work as long as the light on the NDVI sensor turns green before takeoff. Hope you have a wonderful growing season.

Good luck!

1 Like