3D maps not loading

We have been running our drone for almost a year now, using the DJI Go app. We read about DroneDeploy and have been excitedly running test flights and viewing the output using our trial account. The 3D maps are great, and we ran a few tests without issue. However, the last three flights we have captured are not loading in 3D mode. The other options appear to be as expected: 2D, elevation, and plant. 3D doesn’t throw an error - it just doesn’t load. Our older tests still load as expected.

I don’t believe that we have changed anything on the drone, or with the way we are flying, but it is not out of the question that user error is at play here. Or, maybe there are limitations on the trial that I am not aware of, and are not being communicated via alerts/messaging?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hi there,

If I’m reading this correctly, you’re on a trial account? There is a limit of 5 maps per month. If you do upgrade, that becomes unlimited.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Thanks, Kara. You are right. Sorry for taking up your time. My partner set up the account, and I only saw info in “30 day trial” in the support area - and did not actually check to see what the free account was. I see the limitations now.

No worries at all, glad to help. Hopefully you’re enjoying it enough/getting enough use to upgrade. You may also want to consider listing your services in Drone Mapping Directory: http://directory.dronedeploy.com

Hey, so my bad, you can upload unlimited 3D maps. This looks like a bug.

No worries - sorry to hear of the bug. Do you need anything from me to research further? Anything that I should be trying to not do/recreate while shooting?

Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

Sorry for the bug you experienced with the missing 3d models - they should all be there now for your maps, but please let us know if the issue comes up again (contacting support@dronedeploy.com would be the easiest option).

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention and happy mapping!

Jeremy