2D DD Map Doesn't Match Background Image

I’m still in the trial phase of my DD membership, trying to decide if I want to purchase a membership. I’ve flown several test missions and the 2D images do not match the scale of the satellite background image. I’ve tried flying at different altitudes. I’m using a DJI Phantom 3 4K. I’ve attached a sample image.

Hi @Burkharts,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. To start off, I just want to note that the Phantom 3 4K is not officially supported, so there is no guarantee that your setup will or should work without issue. For your reference, here is a list of our officially Supported Drones.

In terms of accuracy and scale, I suggest using Ground Control Points.

Cheers,
Christina

Google Earth is 1m/pixel in good areas and DroneDeploy is 1-2cm/pixel. Positional accuracy of the drone without GCP’s is 1.5m. That’s allot of room for error. Even in DroneDeploy you can see horizontal differences between maps if you don’t use GCP’s because of global accuracy. This is different than local accuracy and how the map and objects in the map relate to themselves which can be very accurate. The larger the dimension though the more error there will be. Percentages.