Which drone works best for roof inspection? and should I add a thermal imaging camera?

Which drone works best for roof inspection? and should I add a thermal imaging camera?

Hi @mommadrone,

I’m not an expert on roof inspections but the most popular model we see in use is the Phantom 4 Pro. Hopefully another user can chime in and help you out. I know @Skytographerz has done a couple of successful roof reports!

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @mommadrone,
For RoofReport I have used a Phantom 3 pro and my newer M210. I know of others that use their Mavic.
No thermal images for roof report needed, it’s a measurement tool - everything you need to price replacing a roof. It’s an awesome tool and I use it to gather info for roofing contractors- it saves them ALL KINDS OF TIME, not to mention not having to get up on the roof. All you need is the regular images from a 2D map, click the “generate” button and wait for your report.

1 Like

Quadcopter with duo sensor gimbal camera will be optimum for roof inspection. the advantage is long flights and radiometrics.

I use a parrot thermal drone. It has a Lepton 3.5 on it and provides full radiometric data, but you need to be patient and grab as many shots as you can, don’t worry about finding issues on the spot because you’ll import them into the flir tools app later and analyze them, that’s what the thermal data is for. Have to say, it’s quite a relief for me because I don’t have to climb all the way up.

2 Likes