What is large data is DD saving on iOS which impacts Backups?

In trimming my iOS stuff that gets backed up (via Settngs => General => Manage Storage), I noticed that DD is contributing to the size of backup with data that amounts to 1 GB. So, what’s getting put into the data that takes up so much space?

I don’t depend on iCloud storage much, because it’s a pricy way to do things, considering options like Dropbox and Google, and would like to cut back on the DD stuff that gets backed up.

Best,
John

Hi @oneeyedhobo,

Do you happen to have maps saved for offline use?

Keep me posted,
Christina

No I have no offline maps saved. I don’t recall ever having used the feature, but I may have. In any case I show “0 of max 10 plans selected for offline flights”.

Hi @oneeyedhobo,

Thanks for confirming. I’ve escalated this to my team and will report back to you once I have info to share.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @oneeyedhobo,

Just wanted to check-in and let you know my team will need some time to investigate this but I will update you as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @oneeyedhobo,

It’s been a while but I finally have an update to share!

Some versions of the DroneDeploy iOS app prior to 2.59.0 contained versions of the DJI SDK that had a bug resulting in oversized SDK log files. For some users, this resulted in significant storage allocation. The latest versions of DD on iOS contain a DJI SDK version that contains a fix from DJI for this problem.

Thank you again for escalating this and being patient as my team investigated and worked with DJI.

Cheers,
Christina