Unable to Start Mission - Phantom 4

Hi all,

If you were experiencing this issue, were you able to test the following?

1. Reproduce the error
  2. Leave the DroneDeploy app open for at least 5-10 minutes when connected to the internet to give the debug logs a chance to upload.

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hello Christina,

I’ve stopped using Drone Deploy for the time being.

Best Regards,

Edward

Hi @EdwardCaulfield,

I’m sorry to hear this. Would you care to share why you’ve stopped using DroneDeploy at this time?

Cheers,
Christina

Hello Christina,

Thanks for the follow up. The primary reason I was experimenting with Drone Deploy was to create 3D models of buildings. Although Drone Deploy does a wonderful job on topographical images, the results for ortho photos was not of a saleable quality. Hopefully, this will improve with time.

Best Regards,

Edward

Hi @EdwardCaulfield,

Thanks for your honesty. My team and I would be happy to share some pointers and best practices on improving the quality of your maps if you share examples of what you’re unhappy with in your processed maps.

Cheers,
Christina

Hello Christina,

Been there, done that. Then my trial period ran out and I got “I’m sorry to see that your trial expired. You can continue to utilize the Pro Plan if you are interested in upgrading your account.” from Parker.

If my trial can be extended until this works correctly, then I will continue experimenting. Otherwise, I will work with other platforms.

Best Regards,

Edward

Hi @EdwardCaulfield,

If you’d like to continue mapping with us I’ve gone ahead and extended your trial for a Pro account until January 23.

Cheers,
Christina

Hello Christina,

I have not been able to fly due to a combination of broken drone and bad weather. With luck, I will be able to fly next week - at same site that had the problem that started this thread and the weather is forecast to be cloudy - just like the day I had the problem.

Can you please extend my trial until the end of next week? Also, are there any settings I can use to enable extended logging in case I run into the problem again?

Best Regards,

Edward

Hi @EdwardCaulfield,

Sure thing. I’ve had my teammate extend your trial until January 27. Please note that we will not be able to extend your trial again after this period is up.

Hope you’re able to get out there and make a map soon! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christina

Hello Christina,

Thank you for the extension. Do you have any extended logging that I can use to gain further detail if I run into the problem that I mentioned at the start of this thread again?

Best Regards,

Edward

@EdwardCaulfield

Hello, thank you for reaching out. For your extended logging, we can grab your flight logs from your flight data in DroneDeploy. We will not be able to grab any logs outside of your missions. Please let me know if you need your logs from your flights and we will be able to send them to you.

Thanks.

So what is the solution being faced on unable start mission while the All check is green?, I’ve already read all discussion , but no one can help

2 Likes

I am following all the steps provided above. Everything is green to start flight but i keep getting message “system warning check app”

Been trying for an hour to get it up. This is my 2nd flight with DD.

1 Like

I would have to get the M2P in the air with the dji go 4 app. Close it while drone is in the air and open drone deploy app and start tge mission. It doesnt work for all missions though. This does not seem correct. I have used it befofe where it takes off through the drone deploy app. How can i fix? I have already
uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

2 Likes