Recorded jpeg-image size 16:9 not changeable to 4:3

Nice! Happy to hear it works. :slight_smile:

This problem is solved for me with the new version. Thank you DD people!

I would encourage another look at 3:2 format. Those write failures might a processing/buffer/write speed issue (?), which should be improved with newer models and faster cards. Maybe a user setting, with a warning something like “Using 3:2 format may increase capture errors”? The advantage is significant; I figure it as a 12.5% boost in sidelap for a given flight path. That’s a big deal, and would .

So for users like myself who require 3:2 for my inspire 2’s X4S camera to be at it’s peak for surveying with a ppk unit connected and software that requires 3:2 images, this means I have to forget using drone deploy? I have done 2 full days of work and only realised today that it was swapping to 4:3 ratio everytime. I had set expsure in DJI go and Set Focus in DJI go clicked and assumed the rest would also slave to DJI go… but it appears not. Any chance of having the ability to set camera settings in DD?

Hi @AvionicsAussie,

You won’t be able to set your settings to 3:2 with DroneDeploy. It has caused issues with the camera during flights in the past so we do not have plans to support this again anytime soon.

Cheers,
Christina

@Christina can you elaborate at all on the issues you mention? It makes sense that older platforms would struggle to write the full 3:2 image to card fast enough (so 4:3 would make that easier), but the newer platforms can easily write this fast, with plenty of “head-room” still left over (the Inspire 2 with CineSSD especially has some insane write speeds).

Not trying to tell you how to do your jobs, I’m just wondering if the newer platforms have been tested at 3:2 format, or if the limitation is just a carry-over from older platforms.

Hi @rosscova,

I don’t have any other info to share other than that it caused issues with the camera during flights.

Cheers,
Christina

Yes I fully agree. The Inspire 2 was built for this purpose. I have the fastest cards available and cinessd would have no issue at all. When I have such an expensive drone for doing mapping/surveying I want to be able to use it to it’s full capability. And it seems that drone deploy is looking at so much other stuff to make the brand bigger and better. I got up at 3:00am aussie eastern standard time to watch the agremo/slantrange webinar the other day and this kind of functionality is great. But how about we go back to basics a little bit? For example drone deploy still doesnt even recognise what drone I am using and has no camera options at all. So battery estimation and info like that isnt correct. I think were moving ahead to fast. There is basic things that almost all flight planning software and apps have all overlooked and i am honestly yet to find one that gives me full control that I need as a user. Drone Deploy is behind in many ways in comparison to Precision Flight, Pix4d capture and some others. Yet they also have their own issues too, like maximum mission size is one reason and the main one I like using Drone Deploy. But after watching the webinar last week your Drone Deploy Representitive said if there is any new and cool ideas you can think of then let us know. And personal drone identification and personilisation would be the biggest thing to refresh Drone Deploy and give it a much more personal experience which leaves operators like us feeling much more sercure knowing our drone is the drone selected, the battery count is related to our drone, precision flight lets you adjust all the camera settings manually for a perfect picture of you can choose “auto” letting you get such a greater personalised experience. Also many flight planners, ground control apps/software are now setting up their initial screens as a DJI GO type layout so you can take pictures and adjust all in one without going back and forth between apps. All these things make a huge difference to us guys in the field. Every minute wasted can turn into another days worth of work when you could be at another job. I personally think Drone Deploy needs to slow down the arms race trying to link partners with everyone at the other end. And get back to basics. Because the first person who gets an app spot on and removes the need to switch between apps and supports all the features we need of our drone especially camera settings!!! Then the rest of the apps will get forgotten about. 3:2 ratio it only needs to be another setting where it says “set ratio in DJI GO” for now at least.

Regards
Brayden

1 Like

What software are you using that requires 3:2? You’re obviously not talking about Dronedeploy?