Part of flight path missing once in the field

Summary of Issue:
I set up flights on my home computer. Then I use the DD app on my phone to fly the mission. I’ve had flights at different locations have a similar issue. A portion of the flight path is missing. In both cases the flight path was a North/South path starting on the West edge of the area moving to the East. In both cases the missing area was at the beginning of the flight and was missing the first two transits. It picks up with the beginning of the 3rd transit and proceeds as normal.

Date Issue Began:
December 17, 2017

Drone Model:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Mobile Device Model and OS version:
Samusung Galaxy S7 Edge. OS V7.0

DroneDeploy App Version:
Latest, I guess. I access the DD from the website and the app on my phone that auto updates.

Hi @Brian_Richardson

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. I’m very sorry to hear about your recent flight experience. If you have a moment, could you please let us know the names of the flight plans in questions (the last one would be very useful)? Also, could you please clarify to me, did the drone skipped the first couple waypoints or if it actually went through the paths but it didn’t initiate the image capture until it arrived to the waypoint 3?

Please remember that you can check the version of your DroneDeploy app under “Settings”. I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

Cheers,
Andrea

I would also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also turning the mobile device off and back on to clear out possible conflicts. Uninstalling is sometimes a cleaner approach than upgrading and the mobile device can accumulate errors over time.