New Releases: View-only sharing

You’ve asked for it, and now it’s here. Now you can share a complete view-only map with a client or someone else who does not have a DroneDeploy account. Simply click the “Share” button, copy the link and share it with whomever you choose.

Before, a client that clicked a link to view a shared map would see only the specific map layer shared with them. To see the complete map, the client would need to create and login to a DroneDeploy account.

Now sharing a map via link will give the viewer complete view-only access to the map, including the ability to:

• See the satellite base layer
  • Explore all layers of the map, including the 2D orthomosaic, 3D model, elevation map, and plant health
  • View any annotations or measurements on the map
  • View and toggle any overlays attached to the map
  • View and export any existing exports that the map owner has already generated

Please note: Map share links generated previously will still show only the individual layer shared, so don’t worry — there won’t be any surprises when your client clicks a link you already shared with them.

Have questions or feedback about the changes to link sharing? Let us know in the comments below.

2 Likes

Hi, on a shared map can a client have access to measurements without having to sign up for a DD membership?

Hi @AerialDrone360,

I suggest taking a look at the “Give Clients View-only Map Access to Clients That Don’t Have a DroneDeploy Account” section on our Product Release Wrap-up July 2017 blog post.

Cheers,
Christina

Then I am simply recruiting new members for DD and not being compensated. Right?

Hi @AerialDrone360,

Not quite sure I understand - DroneDeploy is a free app and service. Sharing maps just allows you to collaborate with clients and show them what you’ve been working on.

Cheers,
Christina

How do I get organization to show up for creation in setting?

Hi @AerialDrone360,

Organizations are a feature for Business and Enterprise customers only. You should be able to find all that and more at Create an Organization if you are either.

Cheers,
Christina

On pricing page it state that shared maps will give clients Annotations + Collaboration access, but that’s doesn’t work. Is that correct?

Hi @AerialDrone360,

I suggest taking a look at the Sharing Annotations section on our Annotations support article.

Cheers,
Christina

When you share privately will clients be able to do measurements?

Hi @AerialDrone360,

Your clients must have DroneDeploy accounts to be able to collaborate on maps or annotations.

Cheers,
Christina

Is there a limit to number of clients you add to organization, will they have access to all maps, also will one in organization need a DD account? thanks

Hi @AerialDrone360,

You may find the articles Add members to your organization and Organization Payment Structure helpful.

To my knowledge, there’s no limit to how many people you can add in an organization but it will cost an additional $99/person.

Cheers,
Christina

A post was merged into an existing topic: Monthly payment