You’ve asked for it, and now it’s here. Now you can share a complete view-only map with a client or someone else who does not have a DroneDeploy account. Simply click the “Share” button, copy the link and share it with whomever you choose.
Before, a client that clicked a link to view a shared map would see only the specific map layer shared with them. To see the complete map, the client would need to create and login to a DroneDeploy account.
Now sharing a map via link will give the viewer complete view-only access to the map, including the ability to:
- See the satellite base layer
- Explore all layers of the map, including the 2D orthomosaic, 3D model, elevation map, and plant health
- View any annotations or measurements on the map
- View and toggle any overlays attached to the map
- View and export any existing exports that the map owner has already generated
Please note: Map share links generated previously will still show only the individual layer shared, so don’t worry — there won’t be any surprises when your client clicks a link you already shared with them.
Have questions or feedback about the changes to link sharing? Let us know in the comments below.