I'm not yet successful with DroneDeploy using a Mavic Pro. Hoping it's something obvious!
DroneDeploy 2.0.46 running on an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, all up to date.
DJI Go version 4.1.0
Mavic Pro and Controller running firmware 01.03.0800
I have now attempted 5-6 missions.
The first mission, a one acre test flight, flew perfectly and captured images. I used automatic camera settings. The results were encouraging but I know that better results are possible with manual photo settings. The first mission and all missions prior to today were using the previous version of DD and Mavic firmware version 01.03.0700
Missions 2-6 have resulted in a variety of issues, including:
- gimbal not pointing down
- no images taken
- skipping the last waypoint or two despite enough battery remaining (no RTH warning)
- not saving the "continue" state of a mission that was not completed
- not showing the finished state for a mission that was completed (looked like no flight had been performed)
- battery status not available in DroneDeploy (shows empty battery)
My latest attempt was this morning. I'm trying to map a 20 acre rectangle from 160' AGL.
- Edited DroneDeploy flight plan to my desires (including turning off automatic camera settings). Saved.
- Power cycled my iPhone. Turned off wifi, BT and put phone in do not disturb mode.
- Opened DJI Go
- Power cycled the RC
- Turned on the Mavic Pro
- All systems go
- climbed to 160' AGL
- set the focus
- set the ISO and shutter speed to center the histogram
- switched to manual focus
- opened DroneDeploy
- selected my flight plan and initiated the mission
- mission started, but I noticed right away that no photos were being captured, so I hit the home button to regroup.
I did not "close" the DJI Go app before opening the DroneDeploy app. Perhaps that's the issue.
Open to suggestions on how to improve my process and capture successfully!
FYI - in the 2.0.46 version, I've experienced issues with changing the boundary shape resulting in no change to the flight path. I tried moving, adding and deleting points on the boundary and sometimes got no change to the flight path or non-sensible changes to the flight path. I deleted the plan and started over. Might be related to using an existing or copied plan from an older version as the newly created plan didn't seem to have the same issue.