Invalid corner radius

I have been exploring the dronedeploy functions and are very impressed.
However, sometimes I encounter a error message telling me that the corner radius are invalid.
What is the cause and how could I avoid receiving this invalid radius message?
Best
Karl

@Stockholm This is a known bug and we are working with DJI to fix it. This is most likely caused when the flight plan legs have a big acute angle. Iā€™d suggest meanwhile to avoid this by rotating the flight plan.

This issue is killing me. The app would be great if it didnā€™t hit this glitch every* time I try to launch a perfectly planned mission. Doesnā€™t matter how I change the angles, still happens to anything beside a perfect square. Any fixes / ideas??

This shouldnā€™t really be happening because we have code to prevent it. Are the plans that are failing for you still on your account? I can go load those onto a drone and see if we are able to reproduce it.

Yes itā€™s any of the whiskey island plans. Please test and let me know if you have the same issue. I hope itā€™s not my drone because I donā€™t have another inspire 1 to use. All the firmware is good and there are no errors that show in DJI go app.

I have the same issue. Iā€™ve updated my iphone to the latest version 2.0.36 and I keep getting the same message under waypoints ā€œcorner radius invalidā€ Iā€™ve tried changing angles, altitude, size, everything I can think of and nothing helps.

Iā€™ve also tried creating a brand new flight plan and still get the same issue.

What do I need to do? This is very frustrating with the 99.00 per month Iā€™m paying.

Carl

@cnaone2274 which plan in your account is having this issue (you can share the link)? Is it on iOS or Android?

https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/planning/58cd8f84b671a3349784dffd

https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/planning/58c58094a787ccbce08e3011

This one is from one I copied. I ran the simulator to see if it would work and it did. However, not shows it with the UPLOAD Icon. How do I reset it so I can attempt to fly the mission?

https://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/mapengine/58d984c35c19ed08465c474d

This is using IOS

@cnaone2274 unfortunately you canā€™t reset to edit, buy you can get around this by making a copy of the plan.

Hi Chase,

I received the Invalid Corner Radius error today, 14 Nov 2019, and need help understanding the steps I should take.

The map plan in my account is names Bay Water Tower - Big.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Personally I have never even heard of this until I saw your post and back-read the thread. Pretty strange as the last post was more than 2 years ago.

Is it giving you this error while your are flight planning?

Does it matter if it is on a mobile device or a computer browser?

Please list your,

• Internet browser make and version
  • Mobile device make and model
  • Mobile operating system and version
  • Drone make and model

It does give me this error when the program is running the flight planning checklist. Additionally, Iā€™m running DD using a Phantom 4 Pro, with an iPad. I tried initiating the flight checklist multiple times and adjusted the map on the screen thinking that would help but it didnā€™t. Finally, I logged out of the program, restarted everything (again multiple times) but wasnā€™t able to complete the flight.

I came home and look at the flight plan (itā€™s just a square) and Iā€™m not seeing anything that would have caused the error. I tried running the simulator to see if I received the same error but I didnā€™t receive the error message and the flight plan loaded as expected.

1 Like

What iPad, iOS and version of DroneDeploy app?

iPad (5th generation) Model: MP2F2LL/A
iPadOS: 13.2.2
DroneDeploy App: Version mobile - 3.18.1 (includes latest update from 3 Nov 2019)

2 Likes

This is really strange as there have only been 4 reports in 3 years and the threads just dropped. Please email support and be ready to provide logs and the info I asked for. Sorry, no ideas here.

Hi Michael and Chase,
I ran the simulator on three different Apple devices (iPhone 7+, iPad 5th gen, and Macbook Air). Youā€™ll notice the ā€˜turnsā€™ on the iPhone and iPad are angled, but on the MacBook Air the turns are nice and crisp as they should be.

Just wanted to share this extra bit of information.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. It should be very helpful. Chase is no longer on the forum and I do not believe he works for DroneDeploy anymore. @Erika_Houseman may be able to assist from here. Just from my experience the rounded turns look more realistic particularly with the new rotational-drift method of turning which is another reason why I am surprised that this is coming up.

Same error here on the second leg of my flight planā€¦ all I did was changing the batteryā€¦ any ideas on how to fix it?! iā€™m using ipad 4 mini and mavic 2 pro

1 Like

exact same issue on my end.

iphone 11, mavic 2 pro

1 Like

How are you all creating your missions?

• Mobile device
  • Web Interface
  • Web Interface with KML Upload