Google maps broke the app completely

Hi, as soon as I turned on google maps, nothing in the menu system works anymore. The app is broken and I can’t do anything but move the map…

I’ve tried clearing the cache uninstalling… Nothing works… How do I turn off google maps so I can use the app again??

Also this is on a Samsung s4

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Also turn the Samsung off and back on to clear out possible conflicts.

Under Settings > DroneDeploy Labs is a switch to turn it off and on.

Hi, sorry you’re having trouble. Are you able to go to dronedeploy.com using your browser on your phone to disable it within settings? We have noticed a bug we think occurs with older versions of android. Which version are you running?

I have the same issue on my Samsung tablet. Once I turned on Google maps I cannot access anything on the menu. The menu is displayed but you cannot select anything on it. Everything you do affects the map behind the menu so I cannot even select a flight.

When I go to Dronedeploy.com - the option to turn off Google Maps is not available.

I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off the tablet, turned it back on.

Interestingly it works on an iOS device - however that only updates the profile on that device so how do I turn it off on the Android device ?

Edit : Upgrading the Android platform resolved the issue.

Yes, this is an android 5.0 issue.
We are working on a fix. If it happens to you reach out and we can fix it for your account.