Flight logs missing

Summary of Issue:
Flight logs are missing for DD completed flights.
Flight logs will not sync with AirData

I flew 4 missions today (2x Inspire + iPad and 2x Mavic + iPhone) and only part of one mission (after a battery change & resume) has shown up in DroneDeploy. This log has also sync’d with AirData.

I used the beta ''Folders" setting today too, but removed the plans from the folder before flying - in case that is relevant.

Date Issue Began:
9 Oct 2017

Drone Model:

1. Inspire 1 v2
  2. Mavic Pro

Mobile Device Model and OS version:

1. iPad Mini - ME824X/A - 10.2.1 (14D23)
  2. iPhone 6 - MQ3D2X/A - 10.3.3 (14G60)

Hi @mattell,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. Can you let me know if you flew all the missions in the same area and if there was any electrical interference that could have possibly disrupted the telemetry?

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hi Christina.

The four flights were in roughly the same vicinity. However they were over a remote pine forest, so I would be surprised if there was any electrical interference - there aren’t any obvious sources around in this area. I had also flown there the week prior with no issues.

Thanks,
Matt

Have you tried rebooting all your devices recently and ensuring that all apps and software are up to date?

Yes, all apps are up-to-date and latest f/w on Inspire and Mavic. I’m not upgrading to iOS 11 at this time as there are issues with it.

I could understand possibly one device/UAS combo, but this is happening with two separate setups here. Any other ideas? Any way I can search for the logs within the DD app?

Hi @mattell,

Have you taken a look at Gathering Flight Logs?

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hi @Christina.

My Bug Report specifically states that neither of these methods of retrieving or viewing logs is working. Is there any other way of trying to retrieve logs drectly from the iOS device, or to see if they were even recorded?

Thanks.

@Christina I will add that another flight which DID sync, was done outside of DroneDeploy app, using DJI GO. This was done on Inspire/iPad Mini proving that telemetry was functioning OK on the devices, just not withing Drone Deploy.

Hi @mattell,

My teammate @Stephanie will be sending you a video on how to obtain your mobile flight logs for iOS to your email associated with your DroneDeploy Forum account.

Cheers,
Christina

Actually @mattell, here’s a link to a video on How to Find Mobile Logs on iOS. I hope this helps!

Thanks @Christina, I’ll take a look this morning.

Hi again @Christina. I have found the logs located as per the video. Is there any reason you have found why they won’t sync up to the flight plan in DD, or with AirData?

I see they are located in the NoCloud directory. Does this preclude the files being uploaded correctly if there was no connection at the time of the flight concluding?

Thanks.

Hi @mattell,

We’re actively working on improving the success rate of flight logs uploading to our servers. Accessing your mobile flight logs through iTunes is a workaround we currently offer for this issue.

Cheers,
Christina