Editing a post

After making a post on the Forum, I sometimes find that the topic I chose is not optimum. So I would like to change it. So I click on the pencile icon next to the topic and change it. But this change does not seem to show up in the Forum. For changes to my entries in one of my posts, I click on the Save Edit button at the bottom. Is there a similar button I need to push in order to update the title of the topic after I change it?

Along the same lines, is there a way to change the category for my topic?

Lost.

Regards,
Terry.
@Christina

Hi @SolarBarn,

Very strange. I tested this out and was able to change my title by doing the following:

1. Clicking the pencil next to the title of my post
  2. Changing the title of my post
  3. Clicking the blue box with a checkmark under the Category list to save my edits (this is also how you would change the category of your posts)

Let me know if you see a drop-down list for Categories and a blue box with a checkmark and a grey box with an ‘x’ under your title. If you can provide a screenshot of what your post looks like after you’ve clicked the pencil, it would help me.

Cheers,
Christina

Whoo hoo! Glad to hear it worked. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to:

1. Delete a topic that I started? This would include all my entries in the topic and all other postings to this topic.
  2. Delete one of my entries in any topic? I can sort of do this now by editing my entry and erasing all the contents. But then the shell of the entry still remains, doesn’t it?
    @Christina

Hi @SolarBarn,

You should be able to delete the topic by clicking the wrench on the right hand side of a thread.

You should be able to delete your post by clicking the 3 dots on the right of the pencil under your post and clicking on the trash can.

If you do not see either of these options, please send a screenshot of what you see on a topic you started.

Cheers,
Christina

I was able to delete a post from this topic by using 3-dots + garbage can as you described.

But where do I look for the wrench for deleting a topic? Inside the topic like I am now or up at the main Forum level where I see lots of Topics?

It should be within the topic on the right hand side, like in the photo below:

Nice screen shot.

The wrench is not on my screen in the location over the date slider bar as shown in your screen shot.
Is this because the big message about multiple battery missions is at the top of all pages?

Can you provide a screenshot of your entire screen?

Here you go:

Hm, do you not see one at the bottom either?

No. There is no wrench icon at the bottom.

Christina,

Maybe it shows up for you because you are a wizard with the power to make it so.

Seriously, maybe being part of the DD team results in a different set of options being presented to you.

Regards,
Terry.

Hi Terry,

After going through the settings I realized it is a feature only for admins and moderators. This feature will not be available to the public.

Cheers,
Christina

Christina,

That’s what I expected and I think it is reasonable. So if I want one of my Topics gone and you agree, then I can get you to remove it.

Not sure I ever need to do this but sometime it might be useful to reduce confusion; remove one Topic and replace it with another that is more clearly written.

Regards,
Terry.

Hi Terry,

I will not be deleting any topics or posts unless they are unrelated to our community or they are full of content that has been flagged and deemed inappropriate. Threads will automatically close after a specific amount of time so no new posts may be added.

The point of this is so that others can search and look up questions and see helpful responses so they can self-help and try other steps that have worked for others.

Cheers,
Christina