DroneDeploy Version 1.2.3 (Firmware 1.05.0011)

Flew 3 times with a p3 Pro yesterday on this latest firmware. Here’s how it went for us:

• Prior to first flight, I rebooted my phone (this is a regular
    practice). Next I calibrated compass in DJIgo, force closed that app,
    and then cycled power on the transmitter to get it to reinitialize
    with DD. First flight initially had camera connection issues.
    Rebooted the P3, ran the mission check (the launch wizard is much
    better at error checking and allowing you to exit on a fault, btw)
    and flew a short 13ish acre flight at 390’ AGL. In post flight, I
    noticed that the first pictures taken with the camera at the point
    where the camera was erring out were improperly date stamped
    (gps-releated?); anyway, that reboot seemed to sync back up the
    clock. Also on the way down after the gimbal flipped back up, the
    camera continued to snap about a half doxen pix or so until
    shut-down. Wierd, but not a deal breaker.
  • Second flight was a 5ish acre job at 93’ agl. To initiate, I force
    closed the DD app then again cycled the power on the transmitter
    to re-initialize the app. This flight went off without a hitch,
    however I let the P3 land itself and had to switch over to manual
    to get the props to quit (we usually air-catch to keep the camera
    clean) .
  • Finally for a 3rd flight, I did about 50 acres at 390’ AGL. Again to
    To initiate, I force closed the DD app and cycled the power on the
    transmitter to re-initialize the app. Mission lauch was no problem
    but about a minue or so in, my phone was prompting me to launch
    DJIgo or DD as if the phone had become disconnected. I recieved
    the “not received any message for 10 seconds” error as described
    by @BrnBllrdn. but continued to monitor the mission via VLOS.
    Transmitter signal was never in any position to be obsctructed.
    Connection never came back to the app. Full auto land was
    successful, however the camera never kicked back up before
    landing.

Overall, pretty good results- usable, which is always a plus :smile: ! Looking forward to testing a few more nominal flights to see if any of these conditions persist.

After the new release of beta firmware 1.050011 and DD .1.2.3 i had 5 100% succesful missions in a row with my phantom 3 pro. im using a zony xperia z3+. Now it works just as it has done before. keep up the good work.

I’ve recently tried to use DD app on my Phantom 3 4K, however once I connect the drone and get ready to for to fly, everything checks out on the checklist except for controller switch mode, and upload of waypoints. I’ve only waited about 5 minutes or so and gave up I’ve tried 3 different times and ready to just call it quits. Any advice? Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix it or does it just take awhile?

We’ll take another look at the phantom 3 standard and 4K to see if we can tell what is happening. As more time passes DJI is providing less and less support for those drones so supporting them is getting more difficult.

Hi Chase
I am having the same issue my phantom 3 4k using iPad 2 works fine with dji app but can’t get passed the checklist as the waypoints load fine but the F function is not recognised. I get the same issue when using buy iPhone 6. I have made sure the dji app is closed and all firmware is up to date. any help would be appreciated as i can’t use the DD app so far.

Help please

Cheers Bessie 3

BrnBllrdn,

I have been getting issues when doing my missions using DroneDeploy its not taking any images during the flight plan. It does the flight plan as set by waypoints but not taking any images. On my last two missions there was no images showing on my SD card and noticed my camera is pointing downward when landing after the mission has been completed. I am using a DJI Inspire 1 Pro and also having problems as well DroneDeploy App freezing while trying to make my settings. Need help on this issue. Don’t know what else to do to get this corrected. I am using a SAMSUNG GalaxyTablet A with Android version 5.1.1.

Hi @scotteriv,

Can you verify what DroneDeploy app you have installed and running?

I also suggest reformatting your SD card as well as double-checking that all other software on your mobile device, drone, and remote control.

Cheers,
Christina

The latest version is showing 2.58.0 - 2.58.0 and I have formatted the SD card several times on DJI GO App and constantly closing out all apps that were open. I have problems as well that the app freezes on my Samsung Tablet A Android version 5.1.1. Having to log off on all items that I am using, Drone, RC, & Tablet. Twice I performed a mission in my sub-division and it flew the mission but did not take any images during the flight… I have two DJI Inspire 1 Pro and after using one of my Inspire 1 Pro I went to use my other Inspire 1 Pro and now getting the camera not focusing during the preflight checklist. I am puzzle on all this electronics that is used to perform a Drone mission.
Thanks
AJ’s Drone Services
Alva Shell, IV

Hi @scotteriv,

Can you verify that the issue persists on one of our officially Supported Devices (Mobile and Tablet)?

Cheers,
Christina

Ms. Christina,

Sorry getting back with you I am a Disable Vet working on the Owl Shift at Robins AFB and hardly get online to check my emails, etc. My device I am using is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android version 5.1.1. I was using a Samsung Tab 4 Android version Kit Kat 4.1.2 and was able to use this one until DroneDeploy upgraded and got a message need to upgrade to 5.0 or higher to use this app.

Hi @scotteriv,

Unfortunately if your mobile device is on a dated Android or iOS version, you will not be able to use our apps and services. Is there another mobile device you can use with a later Android version?

Cheers,
Christina

No it seems I will have to purchase an upgraded Android Device with Lollipop 5.1 or Marshmallow 6.0 or higher which they can get expensive.

Also, your telling me the device I am using now which is the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A6 Android version 5.1.1 is not compatible. I just updated DroneDeploy App and showing it is the latest version of 2.60.0-2.60.0

Your device may work, but we don’t actively test on them as we find people are most successful on recent devices by the top manufacturers.

In drone deploy, what ever map we are using or seeing our 2-D images (after preprocessing) is it a google map only or it is some other map ?

@ashwani These maps are using Google Base layers.

Hii yusuf,

Just check that this particular point was taken on ground at the left corner where plants are getting end. But in google it is showing far apart from there. In this case how i can believe on map ? More over if i will make a mission which is restricted by the boundary that i should not cross then during the flight it may cross that restricted boundary.
See this point where i have took it and where i found it on google map. see the below link for image. The place where i stand and marked was marked.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19RYjZbrqrPJop6Jfa1p-EeCutuf33911

What do you mean by it was taken on the ground? are you saying that the Drone map as overlaid on the Google Earth background does not line up? If so, did you use ground control points?

I mean to say that i took the points at the four corner of the land using my mobile GPS but when i am importing those points on the google earth and mission planer, there is a big offset from the point where i twas taken.

Mobile GPS as in phone, tablet or professional grade handheld (not a garmin)?