DroneDeploy trial with Inspire 2 yields waring: "with invalid geographical metadata removed"

Tried out DroneDeploy for the first time on a condo complex survey attempt. Flight went fine, but when I went to upload the pics from the Inspire 2, I got a red warning message to the effect that all photos will be uploaded “with invalid geographical metadata removed.” What does this mean?

First time I ran DroneDeploy (today - April 10, 2018)

DJI Inspire 2 with stock Zenmuse X5S camera

iPad with iOS 11.1.2

DroneDeploy 2.69.0

Any advice or help regarding this warning would be appreciated.
Regards,

Will

Hi @WillT,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy Forum. Can you clarify where you are seeing this error message? If you have a screenshot, that would greatly help our team in the investigation.

Keep me posted,
Christina

Hi,

On my desktop PC, I click the upload action to select the images to upload. Once selected, I get the error. The quote is a (partial) paste of the error I got. I’m sorry, but I don’t have a screenshot.

Will

Hi @WillT,

Thanks for following up quickly. What browser are you using? We recommend the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox.

I’ll follow up here if I need more info or have something to share. In the meantime, I’ve escalated the issue to our team for review.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @WillT,

Our team is requesting some more information to better understand your issue. Can you answer a couple more things?

1. How many images were you trying to upload?
  2. How many images were accepted by DroneDeploy? This can be found in the sidebar under the “Images” section after you’ve uploaded images.

To better diagnose the issue, can you share a .zip file with about 20-30 images you tried and failed to upload? This will help our team move forward with investigating why this message is being triggered. I’ll send you a private message to collect this file.

Keep me posted,
Christina

Dear All,

I have the same issue now with a DJI M2AE. Made a Solar farm inspection flight with DJI Pilot mapping mission and wanted to see the results. What could be the problem?

Here is an image: Dronedeploy upload error

Thanks!

1 Like