Drone returning when signal is lost without completing mission

Hello All. When I plan a flight then launch the drone the drone is going to the correct area,but then if the signal becomes lost, instead of continuing the mission and then returning the drone is just coming home without having taken the pictures. Is there a way to fix this?

I want the drone to continue the mission even when signal is lost.

Thanks for any help or advice.

You might try this.
Calibrate the compass.
Make sure the DJI app is off.
I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also turning the mobile device off and back on to clear out possible conflicts.

The drone should be continuing the mission even when the signal is lost? Which drone are you using?

I have a DJI standard 3 SE. When signal is lost, it gives it a minute or so to reestablish signal, if it does not reconnect then the drone returns to homepoint. It still takes a few more pic’s during the time it’s trying to reconnect, but it doesn’t finish the mission.

I will try that, thank you.

The primary issue is that we don’t support the DJI Standard SE as it isn’t as reliable as a drone that uses lightbridge to communicate.

I’ve run in to that before-the lack of lightbridge being an issue (it makes me unable to choose different wifi frequencies.

I am wondering if the “return to home” function of the drone is overriding the dronedeploy app, in other words perhaps the drone itself is returning when is sense’s it’s lost contact. If that’s the case I may be able to turn that function off when using dronedeploy- it’s a risk but if it works maybe it’ll solve my issue. I can always experiment in an area where I can quickly regain control of the craft with my remote if things go south.