Drone autolanding

I’m not quite sure what’s going on here. Could be a couple of things. I created a route, decided I’d want my Phantom 4 orbit after it zig zagged, and went outside to run the route. When I hit start on the route, the drone lifted off the ground, did the orbit, and then proceeded to land (on the roof of a building- great fun- a lesson in taking control quickly). I thought that it was strange that it did not zig zag back and fourth, so I tried again. My drone did the same thing- did the orbit, and came in for a land.

I created a new plan. This time, no orbit. The drone lifted off the ground about 8 feet and immediately lands itself. I’ve noticed after it lands itself, the RTH icon is still on the DroneDeploy screen- as though it is still in the air.

Not sure why I can’t get the drone to fly the planned route? The flight logs look normal- nothing popping up in them on why the drone would need to land. Consistently has 10-12 satellites.

When I open the DJI GO app, I’m able to fly the drone manually like usual.

Is there a setting I’m missing? App connectivity? Why won’t the drone fly it’s planned route?

Thank you!

That is strange.
I would recycle power on the drone and controller.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also turning the mobile device off and back on to clear out possible conflicts.

It’s so strange. I’ve restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cycled power on the drone and controller, and each time I’ve flown (3-4 times, different days) it’s done this. If the orbit is set, it will orbit. But it will not see the mission- waypoints load, but it will only go 8 feet in the air, and come back down like there was no mission.

Hi @ersylvia,

I recommend recalibrating your compass, rebooting all your devices, and then creating a new mission to see if you experience the same issue.

I’m happy to share that we’re working on improving the orbiting feature so that this issue will be resolved in the near future.

Cheers,
Christina