Define flight plan with shapefile?

Hi there - could I have this option aswell. I have been sent a shape file for a job & I have been trying to draw it manually on DD desktop. This will make it easier.

Could i please have this functionality enabled for my account too.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I’d suggest going with a KML or GPX format to start with as this is more common for people and should be easier to implement.

Please also define the projection that is needed for it to work (or does it read PRJ files?).

I understand that it’s experimental but at this stage it is putting the shape in the wrong spot (out by about 10 km) and is a strange infinity symbol shape rather than the simple square and other shapes I was testing.

Final suggestion is to load the shape/kml/gpx file into the viewer but then let the user click the flight plan around it manually (at this stage). Fully automated shp -> multiple separate flight plans (batch job style) based on name attribute and size of each polygon would be good vision to head for in the future.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 Like

HI Guys,

I worked out what was happening. It seems you have to close the DD web app window (Chrome) and then start a new window otherwise it loads the previous shape file regardless of what you do. Close and open a new window and it works great.

Cheers,

Andrew

I sure appreciate this!

Thanks!

Please make the option enable for me too. TYVM !

@Tiberiu_Banu please send your request to beta@dronedeploy.com . please be sure to use the email associated with your DroneDeploy account.

Thanks!

This is a brilliant addition to your app! Makes life so much easier to set extents for more complex areas- works really well.

Thanks so much for including this option in the functionality!
pete

Could i please have this functionality enabled for my account too.

Thanks

Hi…
Please make the option enable for me too…Thanks alot

This is now enabled for all the new people in this thread requesting it.

hi,
Please enable feature for me too.

Much appreciated

hi,
Please enable feature for me too.

Thanks!:

Hi, If possible, I would like to input a shapefile for the flights I do, and I cannot see the option when I login.
Thank You

Hi Chase,

I would like to try this feature as well.

Earl

Greetings,

Is this feature still in operation? is it possible for me to get access to this?

I would like to try this feature as well.

I would like this option as well. Thank you

Would love to have this enabled as well please! Many thanks!

Please activate this on my account.