DD issues on Ipad

Hi Guys,

Just purchased an Apple iPad (2017) 9.7" 128GB WiFi + Cellular device. Updated to latest iOS 11.0.3.

Loaded DD - version 2.59.0 - 2.59.0

Logged on fine and can see all my flights. However I cant select any of them to fly.

The app starts off as responsive - I can select settings amd check my Airdata UAV sync settings. But if I try and select a flight the entire app freezes and I cannot do anything after that.

Same thing experienced in Iphone 7 Plus.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Regards
Sean

Just an update - I have also updated my android tablet to 2.59.0 - 2.59.0 and I am experiencing a similar issue. The app loads ok but when I select my flight from the flight panel - the panel goes blank, the map does not load and eventually the app crashes.

Edit 2 - I logged onto the website and noticed that my flights load fine. However if I change the frontlap it increases flight time - which it should not do. This seems to have changed the flight times on most of my plans which is a worry.

Apologies for all the extra issues - been trying to find a pattern to no avail.

If you create a new flight, does the app freeze as well? Or is it only existing flights?

However if I change the frontlap it increases flight time - which it should not do.

Changing the frontlap will alter the drone speed, which will cause your flight time to change.

I found the same problem when updating to IOS 11 and updating the application Dronedeploy does not let me edit and do not perform flights, the application is completely stuck and can not do anything, probe uninstalling and reinstalling and it does not solve the problem , also probe in the android platform and the problem is the same, please resolve as soon as possible.

Greetings.

Hi seanwalsh - its weird.

I can create a new flight and 2 of my planned flights actually load - but the remaining 18 or so cause the app to freeze. I cant work out what is different tho.

Why would changing the frontlap alter the speed ? And if I change the frontlap on the iPad and not the website then the time does not change ?

Also to note the freeze problem occurs on iOS 10.3.3 as well so its not related to iOS 11.

Would you mind sending me a private message with the names or IDs of the planned flights that work as well as a couple that don’t?

Why would changing the frontlap alter the speed?

There’s a limit to how frequently the drone can capture images, so we have to take frontlap into account when calculating the drone speed.

And if I change the frontlap on the iPad and not the website then the time does not change?

Do you have a drone connected while changing the frontlap? When there is a drone connected, we use the camera profile of the connected drone to calculate the flight params, whereas on the website and on mobile with no drone connected we use the P4P camera profile. Depending on the parameters of the camera, altering frontlap may affect the speed differently.

Done - I think.

Thanks for the explanation on the frontlap - makes sense.

I am guessing this is something new ?