Create Survey-Grade Maps in Minutes with Self-Serve Ground Control Points

“Now, instead of waiting hours for initial structure from motion processing, DroneDeploy customers can tie ground control data into a map using a workflow that takes 20 minutes or less with a user interface that is intuitive and largely automated.”

Learn how you can get started with uploading, tagging, and using ground control points in DroneDeploy at Create Survey-Grade Maps in Minutes with Self-Serve Ground Control Points.

1 Like

I very much like this idea and would use GCP more often in this case. The problem, make it available on a per use basis for Pro subscribers. I rarely have the need for the business plan and don’t have the project load at the moment to justify the cost. I would love to integrate GCP’s and would pay as customer the requests while on my Pro Plan.

Thanks for the feedback @onetmat. At the moment I don’t have any news or updates to share about whether this feature will be available for Pro users, but I’ve noted the feedback and shared it with my team.

Cheers,
Christina

To be clear, this new feature does NOT create GCPs for you. You or someone still has to lay them, which is the most costly and time consuming part of any accurate survey. Tie-ing in GCPs is not time consuming, contrary to marketing above, just that it was never available on DD till now. This is the same built-in functionality also available on Pix4D for long time.

Hi @dronexsolutions,

Thanks for sharing your input. You’re correct in that this feature does not create GCPs for the user, but it allows users to upload and tag them quickly. This is a new feature for us, and we are excited to share it with our users to make their experience with our product better. For some, it can be a difficult process and we aimed to make it more accessible and automated so that anyone can do it.

Cheers,
Christina