Comparison of DroneDeploy vs. Pix4D vs. Agisoft Photoscan vs. Recap360

Hi Dronedeploy team,

Been doing aerial photogrammetry professionally for a while and very familiar with Pix4D & Agisoft Photoscan, also starting to test out Autodesk Recap 360 & Drone Deploy. Trying to compile comparison data for reference & for clients. Are there specs on the differences between DroneDeploy Map Engine vs other Photogrammetry engines? I’d love to see some number on accuracy, quality, & speed.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I am not aware that we have any specific spec differences. Our pricing page has some information that may be helpful: https://www.dronedeploy.com/pricing.html

I suggest doing a trial with DroneDeploy and reviewing the results. We think you’ll like what you see:)

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve checked out the pricing page and that explains the features very well. What I’m interested in learning more about the underlying photogrammetry engine. When I use Agisoft Photoscan or Pix4D, I have the option to set how many keypoints to match per image. I’ve notice this directly affects the output quality & accuracy. What is the # of keypoints used in alignment in Map Engine? If I want to use GCPs in a project, how does Map Engine calculate error at each GCP? This is critical data that I need to provide to my clients as a measure of accuracy. Do you have any examples of any reporting generated for datasets that require high accuracy? These are some of the things I need before I can move my workflow to something like DroneDeploy.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @Jason_Cheng - please see here for some more information regarding our process for GCPs:

and here for more information on our accuracy measurement:

Also, feel free to send an inquiry to sales@dronedeploy.com . One our reps will be happy to set up a time to talk and go through your questions.

Best,
Neema

Hi Jason, Is it possible to communicate off line regarding similar interests? Perhaps a website or an email. my apologies in advance if this request is a violation of DD Forum policy.

1 Like

Hello Mriney,
If you could email me at Kenny@post888.org regarding the same question Jason asked I would appreciate it a ton.

Thanks!
Looking forward to your email.

Hello Mriney,
If you could email me at mailat.emil@gmail.com regarding the same question Jason asked I would appreciate.

Txs!
Looking forward to your email.