Can't connect Phantom3Pro to DD app

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can help me here.

I must be doing something wrong. I’ve tried the troubleshooting tips recommended by dronedeploy help section and also ones I saw in another post with someone having similar troubles (I started DJI Go, confirmed I could connect to the p3p, confirmed I could take a picture, killed the DJI go app, unplugged usb from phone, replugged usb into phone, choose ‘dronedeploy’ as the app to open).

I then use the app to create flight, but it never gives me a connection to the drone. It gives me access do simulate the flight, or when I save the flight plan, it tells me I have to connect a drone in order to fly,

I looked in the forum and found some related information, but it was resolved with using a VPN connection.

Thank you.

Hi @Gonz404,

Your issue most likely lays with #2 below:

1. Is your P3P running the most current firmware of v1.10.90?
  2. Android devices have a USB conflict which can be resolved by following the directions in the article below:
    https://support.dronedeploy.com/docs/samsung-marshmallow

Please let us know if this works for you.

Hello @Nipul
Thank you for the prompt reply and sorry for the delay in my response.

Answering you questions:

1. Is your P3P running the most current firmware of v1.10.901? **Yes, I have checked and have this firmware installed

2. Android devices have a USB conflict which can be resolved by following the directions in the article below:
    1. Unplug and Plug back in the USB cable
    Look for the notification like the one below. If you do not see this notification, it is most likely that the DJI Go app is set as default. Proceed to step 2
    **_did this, and tried various cables as well. The notification always appears_2. Changing DJI Go application defaults
    In order to use DroneDeploy app, you may have to clear the DJI Go application defaults. Done this as well, everything cleared, actually it was already cleared and DJI Go was not a default app.

Please let me know if you think there is anything else I can do to make this work on my Samsung S5 phone. Thank you.
Regards,
Gonzalo

Hi @Gonz404,

I have talked to our product team about your issue and we are suspecting that it might be something with your mobile device. Have you tried using an iPhone or iPad to see if the problem travels?

You can also try uninstalling any app that connects to the drone other than the DJI and DroneDeploy app.

Hello @Nipul,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried other phones, and they have worked on my drone. The problem is my phone.
I only have DJI Go installed and DroneDeploy.
I have had the problem since first installation.
I have also removed the app and re-installed, and still doesn’t work.

Let me know if you think there is anything else I can do.
Thank you
Regards,
Gonzalo