Camera image capture fail, Phantom 3 Standard

I’m still experiencing the issue where the camera points back to horizontal before getting on the first waypoint, or image capture engages and then it just randomly stops part of the way through.

Fortunately, I was able to fly a field manually through DJI Go and upload the imagery through DD to get what I needed for my client. But this is incredibly frustrating.

Hi @Geersy,
We will try to investigate this after fixing some image capture bugs with Mavic and P4Pro. P3S is less than 10% of our average drone takeoff at the moment, and, we aren’t advertising support for P3S / P4K in our apps for new users. Of course, we will try to support existing users with these drones as much as we can. Thanks!

manu, just a little more supporting information re. P3S picture issue. Brand trial customer that did a new install yesterday, flew one mission with over exposed pictures. Did nothing except recharge batteries and today no pictures are being taken/recorded.

Hi @raptorenforcement,

Due to limited support for the Phantom 3s and Phantom 3 4k drones within the DJI SDK, we have decided to stop continuing development for these models. Although the DroneDeploy app may work with these drones, our support team will not be troubleshooting issues related to them. We strongly recommend that any users currently flying either the Phantom 3s or the Phantom 3 4k with DroneDeploy upgrade to one of the drones best supported by both DroneDeploy and the DJI SDK for a better mapping experience.

Thanks @Nipul ,
For clarification, I am shooting with a Phantom 3 Pro - will you continue to support that platform?

Yes. Only reducing support for the platforms that use wifi to communicate between rc and drone

I just had an issue with a flight today that didn’t record any images automatically. All the settings were correct, and there were no error messages. The area was large enough that the flight required two batteries and after it finished the first flight and I put in the new battery and continued the mission, I noticed the photo count was zero. I didn’t monitor the photo count in the first flight because this has never been a problem and there are other things to watch to maintain the safety of the flight (altitude, speed, distance, battery life, etc.) I thought maybe it was still taking photos but just not counting them since it was the second part of the mission. I manually took a few pics as it was flying the route, just to see if it would collect those and I let it finish it’s route which used the rest of the second battery. The only photos that it kept were the few that I manually took—which are not enough to create a composite image. The drone is a P3 Pro. Firmware 1.10.90. Used an iPad Mini 4. Drone Deploy 2.0.46 (16 Acres, altitude 165 ft, speed 6mph max, 80% side overlap, 70% front overlap, manual camera settings.)

I’m guessing you have open DJI GO and dronedeploy; next time open DJI GO and kill it before start YouTube mission. Good luck.

No Dante, that is not it. I too have been unable to wrestle a successful flight out of DD for 5 weeks now. (P3P on an IOS iPad with all the latest updates). DD support are interested and reply to emails but do not have any effective suggestions. I will have to end my subscription as I cannot afford to lose another client. All I am trying to do is a simple map of an 80ha farm. I have been using DD for nearly a year now and initially had no problems. I can’t help thinking that the developers have taken their eye of the ball. Instead of the system becoming more stable and reliable, they have been trying to add more bells and whistles and it has become more unreliable over time. I did have a perfectly successful flight with Pix4dcapture today…I would like to stay loyal to DD but this is a commercial enterprise.

1 Like

The initial attempt I did have DJI Go open so that I could set up the manual camera setting lighting. I landed, switched to DD and did the flight. Later, I tested it again but split the area into two separate flights–one per battery. I flew with automatic camera settings and no use of DJI Go but it ended the second mission early and the drone came back with plenty of battery. It did take images this time, but didn’t finish the flight.

In response to Nipul.

I am having the same problems as everyone else. I could upgrade from my P3S but it might be cheaper to change to a different mapping program.

Further comment for Nipul. We are not asking for a new feature - just that the existing features - ones that are core to the whole mapping process - work as already advertised.

As Nipul mentioned, we are focusing our efforts on newer models as they provide much better reliability for our customers.
We do not advertise phantom 3 standard support anymore. It should be gone from any lists. If you still see it on one let me know.

@chasemgray same issue with my Inspire 1 v2.0… no images captured…

Same issue here, Inspire 1 v2 X3, images captured with auto settings enabled are way over exposed and app won’t take pictures with auto settings disabled. It flys the mission but doesn’t capture images.

Having Image capture issue after new DD release on Dji Matrice 100 with z3 camera. Please let me know if there is a fix.

Thank you

yes please, help us…
im having the same problem.
p3s flight to the right path, it seems working pretty well… but it doesnt take a single pic.
the error code says dji go app sdk didnt initiate the camera shutter.
the picture shows non phantom 3 standard controller with dedicated shutter button.

anyone knows how to deal this?

wooww… what an answer
can you just told us “■■■■ you all” we dont need your stupid cheapo phantom 3.
we have a big fan base using matrice and inspire.

DJI also has limited support within their sdk for phantom 3 standard and 4K. DD wants to make sure it’s users have the best experience which is why we are trying to focus on drones which will help users be successful. If we say we support phantom 3 standard then there will be customers buying them expecting it to be a good mapping tool, which they are not.

At the moment we do support the phantom 3 advanced and pro.